Visual Analytics (1 giorno)
9:30am – 17:30pm
- Why Data Visualisation?
- Memory Types
- Best Practice Charts
- Dashboard Creation Process
- Data Viz Experience
- Tableau Experience
Section 1 – Why Data Visualisation?
- Show the benefit of converting a plain table to a coloured table to a highlight table to a bar chart
- Give the team a challenge to build a view to be judged later on with only this brief intro (data set = Superstore)
Section 2 – Memory Types
- Sensory Memory – Preattentive attributes, sensory stimulation (< 0.5 seconds) Short Term – up to 7 items (10-15 seconds) Long Term – based on individuals attributes (Up to a lifetime)
- Discuss memory in relation to Andy’s Profit and Loss statement: https://public.tableau.com/profile/andy.kriebel#!/vizhome/ProfitLossStatement/PL
- What sticks with the users when they look at the image at first? What do they remember when looking for longer?
Section 3 – Form
- Walk through on a whiteboard. Let the room talk through different aspects of data visualisation
- Work on the different types of form:
Section 4 – Colour
- Understand how to choose the right colour in the right contest
Section 5 – Best Practice Charts
- Run through essential chart build material
Section 6 – Dashboard Creation Process
- 5 Whys to define what is actually required and method of delivery to consumer
Section 7 – Critique
Small Lab where the participants will trial improvements as small groups – talk through the progress as a room about the improvements made and why they help:
- Reduce cognitive load
- Help sensory memory
- Allow for more analysis to get in to detail once initial findings are highlighted
- Is the work clear and understandable? Are the best types of form used?
- Do the colours make sense?